Friday 22 July 2011

One month!! YAY!!: Anna

So, I've survived my first month in braces!! Through ulcers, numb teeth, tender teeth and feeling like I've been teething at times!! But here I am, having resisted the urge to rip them off!! My main complaint is that I AM HUNGRY!!! No time for a quick bite or snack because it means taking all the wax blobs off (although usually there are only 1 or 2 now), brushing, picking bits of food out and re-waxing. So you can only really eat quick things in public or at work-thus a lot of soup and cereal has been consumed at work and when out to dinner!! And endless drinking, I seem to be thirsty ALL the time! I've had 2 further brackets come off this week, a bit annoying, but they can be re stuck! Next week I'm off on holiday, so we'll see how I hold up there! Especially as I had my first wire change today!! Not sure how I'll be able to eat having only had my wire changed 3 days before, but we'll see!! So he took the elastics off, then the wires, a bottom bracket also popped off with the wire, so the 3 escaped brackets had to be re stuck again first. Then filing-eek! It was all going fine until my twisted bottom tooth!! He couldn't get the file between it (again), so had to kind of drill it (again)!! It was fine to begin with, but was suddenly VERY sensitive-not nice-but he had to carry on and get it done, as that tooth hasn't really moved. Although it must have moved a bit because it was filed manually and with the electric thing the day they were put on. Certainly not looking forward to that again next time (think I'll be using sensodyne A LOT the week I go back!!) Luckily the next wire change isn't for 2 months-phew! I have got the hygienist next month though.
So to sum this month up, significantly straighter teeth and a smaller waist line!!! I think you can see that again my top teeth are moving beautifully, but the bottom ones don't seem to have moved much! It's strange because the ortho said my bottom teeth will be done in about 4 months and my top ones in 5-6.  I'd love to get the tops off first, but I'm guessing the bottoms will move all of a sudden and over take the tops, especially after all that filing :(
Again, day 1 pics on the left, day 28 on the right.






Above you can see that pesky twisted tooth that needs so much filing! Hopefully it will really move now!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment