Friday 2 March 2012

8 months GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

So I'm now officially into 8 months of my 6 month smile!! Hmph!!! Clearly the poster girl for the slowest moving teeth ever!! Still have a gap between my front teeth and still have the tooth left of my front tooth and its neighbour to turn, as well as the canine below it to turn-to allow my bottom teeth to straighten!! Dentist said 3 weeks ago he can see movement, but I can't!! So if they still have a way to go he's going to make me an invisalign type brace! Great-better than train tracks-but still annoying!!! So back to the dentist on tuesday to see what he thinks! Obviously, whenever they do come off-there's a 2 week wait for the invisalign type, so danger that my teeth might start to move back in those 2 weeks!! Well, my teeth still aren't straight so I suspect the train tracks will come of tuesday and he'll take invisalign impressions, then I wait 2 weeks for them!! Good news is....no more pics with ugly braces-yay!!!!!!!! Bad news-probably ulcers in different places and I should think some lisping too-booo! Oh well-the journey continues!! I have booked an appointment with the hygienist for a good clean and polish on tuesday, just in case they do come off! and I still need the bonding on my front tooth to cover the unsightly mark thats there!!

JUNE 2011                                                                           MARCH 2012





Watch this space....as always....grrr.

3 comments:

  1. Great blog! So how's it going? It's June of 2012 and I just got my 6 month smiles braces on a week ago tomorrow. I am pretty annoyed with them and was looking online and found your blog and it helped me so much. I am hoping it gets easier. I am embarrassed to talk or smile:( I feel like I want them off and am regretting getting them. I just had them put on the bottom and everyone says they didn't even notice that my teeth were crooked on the bottom. So all of this for nothing???? Well, I know I'll be happy when they are off and straight, but I'm down in the dumps right now so I feel like it's all fr nothing. So is it normal for some of the white to chip off the wire? And they actually put a new wire on each month? That will be good because I can see some spots where the "paint" came off and it annoys me. Also, mine seem to look worse than yours because they wrapped more wire around certain ones....that annoys me too because they are more bulky. Yours look so small and nice:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky,
    I have to confess that I've been a lazy blogger!! Had issues with my camera so didn't bother updating! However, I'm on my 3rd set of invisalign types- get last one tomorrow! I totally feel your pain- but you just have to be bold and smile openly with them on- honestly- its easier than trying to hide them- the only people who ever comment on them are the people that also want them!! Nearly everyone I discussed them with said there was nothing wrong with my teeth- but looking at the before and after- you can see they are only being kind- if they bother you- it's worth it!! I had quite a lot of white paint come off some months- then none other- weird- maybe depends what you eat! Oh avoid curry and pot noodles- they turn the elastics around the brackets green!! They put a new wire on most months, each time they change it, it gets less flexible to move your teeth more- also it gets a bit thicker each month! My friend also had wire wrapped around some of hers because otherwise the angle pinged the bracket off her tooth- we took a pic of us together and you really couldn't see hers any more an mine! I met a friend of a friend recently and had been speaking to her for about an hour before she asked if I was the one who's had braces and then she showed me a nasty ulcer from her- I honestly hadn't noticed- so they really aren't as visible as you think and are TOTALLY worth it!! Mines been going on a year now (8months in fixed and 8 weeks in invisalign. When I first got invisalign I though- I'm soo glad I didn't get them to do all the work! They are very shiny, you get an awful lisp and are FAR too tempting to take out! I wear them religiously at home, but not at work, nights out, event or all day shopping etc- I'm just too lispy and you can only drink water with them in!! Start taking pics every week to start with and you'll be AMAZED!! My friend who started this blog with me, was done in 5 months!!!! Honestly stick with- I promise you'll LOVE the result!! Keep me posted xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, i would for sure be taking the Invisalign out - I felt like pulling these off myself a few times! Thanks for your response - it helps to know that it gets easier and your blog helped me a lot. I have had them on a week now and I can tell that I am getting more used to them already. I mean, they are still quite annoying, but it has gotten better. Thanks a lot and I will keep you updated:)

      Delete