Wednesday 5 October 2011

14 weeks:Anna


So 14 weeks in!! woop wooppp!! Still have the odd few days where the inside of my cheeks are really sore and swollen! I don't really get any tooth pain now, but I can feel that some teeth just feel a bit weird at times-must be when they're moving!!I still wear the mouth guard to sleep a few times a month when the cheeks are sore!!

 I've just returned from another trip to the dentist, as another 2 top brackets came off! I think even the Dentist and Dental Nurse are getting fed up with my visits, let alone me!! Must be at least the tenth time I've been back for a bracket re-stick! I have another appointment in 4 weeks and have been told not to return for a bracket re-stick unless its on one of the teeth that need to move :( Well, I shall not return if one comes off-UNLESS its really annoying or painful! The upper, back left bracket came off and kept pinching my cheek causing an ulcer! So if it annoys me, I'll be back-I'm paying £3,500 for this-so I want the least discomfort possible!!

So how are my teeth doing?
I was at the dentist last week for a general check up and to check the spacing was OK still, so my teeth will still move. I had some very light filing. I told him about the really sensitive bit between my bottom left 2nd and 3rd teeth from centre and so he put de-sensitising agent on before filing! Don't know what that is-but it worked, filing was pain free and I can now get the inter dental brush in between those teeth again without hitting the ceiling and nearly vomiting-phew!! The teeth I was worried about not moving, are moving, its just slow and less obvious now!! But I have photographic evidence!

So, I go back on the 1st of November for THE FINAL WIRE CHANGE!!! yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy! That will be the 4 month check! The dentist initially said my lower teeth could be done in as little as 4 months, so I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope I'll get there on the 1st and he'll say my lower teeth are done!! Fingers extra crossed!!!! Still, I can't help hoping my teeth will do some serious moving in the next 4 weeks and will be perfectly straight next month-and the dentist will whip all the braces off!! Once again-day one photo's on the left, week 14 on the right!




These next few pics are 5th sept on the left, 5th October on the right and are the only teeth left to turn!!
First the bottom left teeth-definite movement in the last 4 weeks, the canine (3rd tooth) is not overlapping the 2nd tooth as much-but not that easy to see on the computer pics. But there's still a slight overlap between the 2 front bottom teeth

Then the top left teeth. The tooth next to my front tooth is definitely more in line-again easier to see on the camera, than the computer! But you can definitely see that the next tooth along has finally started to turn, you can see a slight gap between it (3rd upper left) and the next tooth(4th).



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete